Nominations and Wins for Books, Audiobooks and Short Stories by Deborah J Ledford
- November, 2012: Sisters in Crime Desert Sleuths Chapter Anthology, SoWest: Desert Justice, Suspense Magazine‘s Best of 2012 Anthology Finalist. Deborah’s story “Cave In” is featured in this anthology.
- September, 2012: SNARE announced as New Mexico-Arizona Book Awards Finalist in the Mystery/Suspense category.
- December, 2011: 2nd Place Prize for “Waves of Regret” awarded by The Society of Southwestern Authors.
- December, 2011: Sisters in Crime Desert Sleuths Chapter anthology, SoWest So Wild, Suspense Magazine‘s Best of 2011 Anthology Finalist. Deborah’s story “Tombstone Epitaph” is featured in this anthology.
- March, 2011: SNARE is The Hillerman Sky Award Finalist, Left Coast Crime Santa Fe. Nominated for Best Mystery which captures the landscape of the Southwest.
- January 24, 2011: SNARE is nominated for The Hillerman Sky Award.
- October 2008, Forge Journal literary magazine nominates “Cuba Bound” to the Pushcart Prize for consideration in the short fiction category. This is Deborah’s third nomination.
- December 13, 2007: STACCATO, Deborah’s suspense thriller novel entry to the truTV (formerly Court TV) Crime Writer contest, presented by Gather.com, has finished #6 of 269 entries and moves on to the semi-final round of 25.
- April 25, 2007: Indie Excellence 2007 Book Awards announces Red Coyote Press’ “Map of Murder” Winner in the Short Story Fiction Category. “Smoky Mountain Inquest” appears within the anthology.
- Deborah receives her second nomination for the Pushcart Prize for the short story “Stella” from Red Coyote Press.
- Arizona Literary Magazine nominates “For Katie” to the 2006 Pushcart Prize for its consideration.
- Arizona Authors Association 2005 National Literary Contest awards First Place to the short story “For Katie.”
- Futures Mystery Anthology Magazine (FMAM) announces “Graves of Echo Canyon” as Third Place Winner of their 2005 International Flash Fiction contest.